I’ve been working as a Virtual Assistant for Dawn from The Minimal Mom since April 2020. She is one of the kindest and most generous humans I know, and always sends me a package for Christmas and birthdays with thoughtful gifts.
But since she’s a minimalist, and gifts are not her love language, I don’t want to add to her clutter by sending her things she doesn’t want.
So for her birthday this year, it was the day before and I still didn’t know what do to. I had a massive headache and it was almost bedtime. Then this idea came to me and I just had to do it! So I stayed up till 1am and got it done and it was well worth it, me thinks!
It suddenly struck me very last-minute, as most brilliantly goofy ideas do, that a little musical ditty might be just the non-cluttery thing to make you giggle today!
So I mustered up all those non-perfectionist skills you’ve taught me and whipped this up very fast without too much thinking!!
In your video this week when you talked about the Use It or Lose It Rule, I remembered all those dress-up clothes I’ve been saving for someday. I think they’re fun, so today I’m using them, because I want to keep them. 😉
Little did I know that my decision to click on the video Cook More, Clean Less almost exactly three years ago would change my life forever in all the best ways!!!
To celebrate your 39th, here are 39 things I’ve learned from you…
1. 80% is good enough. Actually it’s better than 100%. Way less stressful!!
2. Black shirt and jeans really is brilliant. So easy, always classy.
3. Don’t dwell on criticism.
4. Clear counters really are the way to go.
5. Generosity is the best policy.
6. Exclamation marks and ALL CAPS are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Thank you goes a long way.
8. Take time for the important things, even if they’re not “productive.”
9. It’s okay not to care about face and hair products (I’m not the only one!).
10. I really have way too many clothes.
11. If I have an idea, don’t wait till I have it all figured out. Just do it.
12. Trust God always.
13. Freaking out isn’t necessary. It’s actually possible to be level-headed through hard stuff.
14. Tackle the frog projects first…not that I actually do it, but at least I know I’m doing it wrong 😉
15. One person really only needs one plate and one cup. Mind-blowing!
16. It’s okay to throw away photos.
17. Boring food is okay.
18. I don’t have to live up to others’ expectations. Just say no.
19. If someone gave me something, I don’t have to keep it.
20. Get rid of unfinished projects. They just make me feel guilty.
21. If something isn’t working, don’t give up right away. Just make adjustments and keep going.
22. Being vulnerable and transparent causes people to like you more, not less.
23. Video editing isn’t scary… but it takes skill to make it good!
24. Instant Pot are the best.
25. Get rid of flat surfaces!
26. I don’t need more storage, I need less stuff.
27. Consistency is a huge key to success.
28. YouTubers are real people too.
29. Just like kids, cats get overwhelmed by too many toys too.
30. I don’t have to keep everything that has a memory attached to it.
31. It’s okay to break up a set.
32. If something scares me, do it anyway.
33. Did I mention 80% is good enough?… 33 things is almost 39. I know there’s a lot more but it’s after midnight and I’m really tired. I know you’ll understand 😉 I SOOOO appreciate you and hope you’re able to have a fun break from the routine!! Wish I could join you!