Once upon a time when organic, free-thinking humans were banned from places like concert halls, they made their own concerts in their own halls… Sometimes those halls looked more like fields in the middle of nowhere.
After almost two years of no events to practice for, I suddenly had the opportunity to accompany the infamous Remigio Pereira, a former member of The Tenors.
By suddenly, I mean I got the music on Friday morning, dress rehearsal was Friday night and concert was on Saturday.
It. Was. So. Awesome!
Besides the fact that Remi is the most well-known person I have ever accompanied, the evening had a few other firsts:
- First time having to climb over metal railing to get to the stage.
- First time performing in such high humidity that the keys were slippery in spite of having just wiped them down.
- First time having to prop up my music, not because of wind but because the humidity made the pages limp.
- First time having to navigate around the insects landing on the keys.😂
- First time making music in a farmer’s field.
Such a great time!
Thanks to my photographer friend for these fantastic shots.
(But little did I know this would be the last time my daddy would ever see me perform or take a video of me.😢)